Since my visit to CancĂșn and Haiti in the spring an unending roll of projects and tasks have continued. It remains an honor to serve orphaned and vulnerable children through supporting our global staff and developing technology solutions.
I had planned a trip which would put me this week in Haiti, but the instability through protests and diesel shortage has pushed our team's date to the end of January. The toughest part here falls on the children and caregivers in the impoverished communities of Haiti, rather than my change of plans. Please pray for the provision of needed resources, and felt-safety
The projects I'm currently involved in are:
- Implementing a new digital phone system, which can include our mobile staff connecting with key partners around the States.
- Addressing needs of the Mexican staff as they integrate multiple sites with remote access to their administrative system.
- Administrating a website which will allow global staff and partners to receive trauma-competent training online. This involves creating translation strings into a learning management system.
- Finally, I have begun volunteering at our church to operate the audiovisual setup; I love doing this again. There are also a growing number of events in which Back2Back staff are present at conferences and training seminars in the US and around the world. I have included a link below which you can follow to see if there may be any trainings near you, if you would be interested. Of course, the online training will be available in the next month or two also--so watch for the launch of "Back2Back Learn".
Thank you again for your incredible partnership. I am so glad I'm doing this with you as teammates. Please contact me any time, I want to serve as a connection between you and this mission to provide sustainable, holistic care for orphaned and vulnerable children.
No comments:
Post a Comment