Has it really been two months since our last post? Unbelievable! I will attempt to highlight the major events of the last two months, without making this a super-long post!
Well, the last time I posted Jared was getting everything ready for Outdoor Ed, and now the Outdoor Ed season is over! It was a really great season, with five different school groups coming during a four-week period. Three wilderness camp-outs, many nights of planet-gazing, and countless hikes and nature classes later, Jared is now exhausted but satisfied with how the season went.
He threw in some new and exciting activities into the schedules this year. Two weeks ago, during the largest camp of the season, a local “cowboy” came as the guest speaker one night, sharing about Creation and giving the students some hands-on experience with God’s creativity, including the chance to hold a twenty-foot python, hissing cockroaches, and a scorpion! His talk was very impactful and he did a great job of tying in the Gospel with creation and applying it to the students’ lives.
Overall, I think each young person, chaperone, and teacher that came to Outdoor Ed camp this Spring left with a deeper connection to God, his amazing creativity, and how they each fit in to His plan. In today’s nature-deprived society, this is Jared’s goal with each group of campers that comes up.
The last two months have been full of blessings for our family. Our friends, family, and supporters have been stepping in and helping us out in huge ways that are humbling but also greatly appreciated, and always at the perfect time! One example of this is a car that was provided for us at a time when we were praying for a newer one (thank you to all of you involved in that blessing!). It is a Volvo wagon, a perfect car for our growing family! And when I say GROWING, that leads me into our next blessing! We’re pregnant again! SURPRISE! We are really excited about the newest member of our family that is currently in utero, due around Christmas Day! Please be praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
We are taking off on Wednesday, taking a road trip up to Washington and Canada, to visit Jared’s family and have some vacation time for ourselves! Please pray that our trip will be safe and that we will come back refreshed, relaxed, and ready for the summer busyness! Our summer season officially starts today, as the first summer staff arrives this afternoon. We are so excited to see how God will work in the lives of the campers and the staff this summer. We know He will, because He always does!
7 comments:
Yeah! Congrats guys!
(also, I think you should start talking to my dad again to spend a summer out there volunteering...I think he'd love it!)
What a beautiful car...for a beautiful family.
Wow! Congrats and thanks for the news!! How are you feeling? We will be praying for you...all 4 of you!!
God is so good!!! How exciting!!
Love the little guy's expressions! I look forward to coming up and helping Jared learn about the local geology this summer...and seeing the newest babybump! --- Sara
You all do such an amazing job with all the different activities out there - making them both fun and meaningful. I know you are impacting many lives, and always love hearing about what is going on.
I'm so excited for you and the new little one on the way! Hope you have a wonderful, restful vacation. I'm praying for you!
How exciting for you! new baby, new car!
Congratulations! WHere are you going in Washington? If you're around Yakima, you should stop in at Clear Lake Grace Brethren Camp and visit Jacob and Jenny and their 2 boys! She's totally loving being a mom, but wishes she could get a little more sleep . . . . Have fun!
Post a Comment